Stillwater Sciences seeks a highly motivated, Senior Scientist/Project Manager based in Davis to lead projects and business development for our Davis, Arcata, San Luis Obispo, Berkeley (CA), and Portland (OR) offices.
The Senior Scientist/Project Manager will be responsible for:
- Developing new projects and client relationships
- Representing Stillwater in public forums on technical and resource management issues, and at industry conferences and networking events
- Project management, including coordinating staff and schedules, study scoping, and budgeting
- Client management, marketing, and proposal preparation
- Developing study designs for natural resource projects
- Field surveys of fish, wildlife, or physical habitat
- Performing habitat evaluations and impact assessments
- Analyzing and presenting data
- Writing and editing technical reports and regulatory applications
- Participating in interdisciplinary teams for watershed assessment, resource inventory, impact analysis, and natural resource management planning projects
- Mentoring junior staff on technical, project management, and career development matters
Qualified applicants should possess:
- PhD in Biology, Environmental or Physical Sciences, or related field and 4+ years’ experience; MS in Biology, Environmental Sciences, or related field and 8+ years’ experience; or BS with 15+ years’ experience in the environmental field
- Experience as a project manager in private sector consulting
- A long-term career vision that involves senior leadership of a region, office, or market sector
- Expertise in California resource management issues and regulatory environment
- Ideally, expertise with Sacramento-San Joaquin Bay Delta fisheries issues
- Demonstrated excellence with verbal and written communications
- Willingness to travel and work long hours in the field or office to meet project needs
- Proven ability to work well with groups
- Experience with some of the following: field biology, geology, hydrology, water quality, habitat restoration engineering, planning, etc.
About Stillwater Sciences:
Stillwater Sciences (www.stillwatersci.com) is an environmental consulting firm specializing in scientifically-based solutions to aquatic, terrestrial, and watershed resource management challenges. We assist government agencies, NGOs, and private clients with environmental problem solving, planning, design, and permitting using a multi-disciplinary approach that integrates physical and biological processes. We have 66 dedicated and enthusiastic employees located along the West Coast in four main offices. We maintain a collaborative work environment that promotes productive and rigorous applied science. We pride ourselves on defining and shaping our individual careers in a way that provides a healthy rhythm of work and life responsibilities. Success at Stillwater requires a healthy blend of passion, initiative, commitment, flexibility, and teamwork. Stillwater Sciences is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
How to apply
Availability, Compensation and Application Details:
Fully-benefited position that includes a 401(k) plan and full health and dental care
Out-of-town work required (field, meetings, and conferences)
Salary commensurate with experience
Please send a cover letter with a resume, writing sample, and salary history in MS Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
Resumes without a cover letter and writing sample will not be considered
Position will remain open until filled.
Electronic submissions preferred.