Stillwater Sciences seeks a highly motivated, take-charge Office Administrator/Accounting Assistant to help in accounting and to coordinate day-to-day operations for our 25-person Berkeley, CA office, which is also our corporate headquarters. This position is full-time, Monday–Friday, 8:30 am – 5 pm, beginning as soon as April 17, 2017.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a superstar at juggling multiple priorities and deadlines;
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment with constantly changing job duties within a loose hierarchy;
- Find enjoyment working with an academically-minded group of scientists who are passionate about what they do;
- Be a Jack-of-all-trades where no job is too big or too small; and
- Be a born problem-solver.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A can-do, service-oriented attitude;
- A healthy dose of confidence and initiative; and
- Superb time management, organizational, and communication skills (both verbal and written).
If this describes you, then please read on for a great opportunity to work with people who love what they do and have a great time doing it!
Admin Duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for general office, staff support, and vendor relations.
- Front desk related duties during regular business hours – greet visitors, answer and direct phone calls, web-conferencing, mail distribution, business-related errands, and order supplies.
- Maintain common areas, office equipment, and computers.
- Data entry, filing, and report production assistance.
- Report formatting/editing, including Microsoft Office support.
- Coordinate project-related travel, booking hotels, reserving rental cars (including picking them up) and flights.
- Coordinate Company functions, staff meetings, and courier services/shipping.
- Conduct scientific literature and database searches.
Accounting Duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for coding, entering and posting accounts payable invoices in Deltek Vision financial software.
- Process weekly employee expense reports: comparing expense amounts to receipts, verifying expense items have been entered to the correct expense categories, making corrections and processing weekly reimbursement payments.
- Process weekly accounts payable checks and EFT payments.
- Weekly timesheet processing includes: checking Vision financial software to make sure all employees have submitted their timesheet, sending timesheet reminder emails, verifying that project codes and overtime entries have been correctly entered, making corrections.
- Monthly Visa bill reconciling and processing in accounts payable
- Enter cash receipts (EFT receipts and checks) in Vision financial software, update cash collections spreadsheet and make bank check deposit.
Required qualifications include:
- Proven organizational skills with the ability to effectively multi-task.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through.
- Strong interpersonnel communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Bachelor’s degree; high school graduates considered with 5+ years work experience in accounting/administrative roles.
- Willingness to assist in both administrative and technical arenas.
- Exposure to or experience in environmental science is a plus
- Confidence to interact with all levels of staff, agency representatives, and vendors in a professional and courteous manner.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Adobe and Outlook) and basic accounting knowledge. Accounting software experience a plus.
- Ability and motivation to use creativity and logic in dealing with a broad range of business situations.
- Versatility to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Personal integrity and sound judgment in working with confidential information.
About Stillwater Sciences:
Stillwater Sciences (www.stillwatersci.com) is an environmental consulting firm specializing in scientifically-based solutions to aquatic, terrestrial, and watershed resource management. We assist government agencies, NGOs, and private clients with environmental problem solving, planning, and permitting using a multi-disciplinary approach that integrates physical and biological processes. We have 65 dedicated and enthusiastic employees located along the West Coast in six main offices. We maintain a collaborative work environment that promotes productive and rigorous applied scientific research. We pride ourselves on defining and shaping our individual careers in a way that provides a healthy rhythm of work and life responsibilities. Success at Stillwater requires a healthy blend of passion, initiative, commitment, flexibility, and teamwork. Think you have what it takes?
Stillwater Sciences is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and is a certified small, woman-owned business.
How to apply
Availability, Compensation and Application Details:
The salary range is $20 - $22/hour, depending on education and experience.
Stillwater Sciences provides a competitive compensation package including a 401(k) plan and full health and dental care.
Please send a cover letter (including your requested salary range) with a resume in MS Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
Please write “Berkeley Office Administrator/Accounting Assistant” in the subject line.
Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered.
Resume closing date is May 12, 2017; position will remain open until filled.
Electronic submissions preferred.